Monday, June 22, 2015

An Inward Journey

“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.” ― Adyashanti
 

All my life I've been afraid to reveal who I truly am and what I intuitively feel about this life and this existence we all find ourselves within. I grew up surrounded by fundamentalist christian ideology, I even told myself that is what I believed in. Yet deep within, I knew there was something so much deeper, so much more expansive and all-encompassing at work in the universe. 

As time passed, I questioned more and more, knowing if I approach the truth with pure intentions, I will soon discover it for myself. What is the truth? It simply is. What we rely on are our perceptions of truth, ideas and influences we gather outside of ourselves. We are so busy looking outward, we rarely take the time to be silent, do nothing and simply sit in the state of being-ness.

That is why I took time off from this blog, I needed to spend time grounding within myself. I get so enamored with what is happening in the world around me, I loose sight of the serenity and peace I have within, that gentle undercurrent beneath the wind and the waves. 

I'd like to share a song I wrote and recorded. Music has been a huge part of my life and I'm rediscovering my passion all over again. This time with a sober mind and a peaceful heart. I hope you enjoy :)




Well I finally find
You asleep at the front of the battle line
Close to enemy hands
With your feet to the fire of the great I Am
Still love will level this land
And besiege every strait where the darkness stands

Oh my soul
Oh my mind
Nothing is ever as easy as falling in line

Well I've grown to despise
Every smash from the hammer that fastens time
Well no more daily advice
From the drone of the drums that will close my eyes

Oh my soul
Oh my mind
Nothing is ever as easy as falling in line

No comments:

Post a Comment